What's In The Pie?

Months ago, when I began making free printables for personal use and sharing on the blog, I made a few for Fall/Thanksgiving time. 



Thanksgiving Puzzles



Cornucopia (with miniature fruit pieces to cut and glue inside the 'horn of plenty')

These can be found on my FREE PRINTABLES page.

These have yet to be printed off, and may be something we use for Thanksgiving day while visiting family, so they can have something to keep their little hands busy while giving my husband and I a chance to enjoy ourselves as well :)

One that I have printed off and put on the shelves so far, though, is our 'What's In The Pie?' printable!


I have a fun, simple printable for you today!!!!




These cards are approximately 5 1/2 inches in width, 3 1/2 inches in height.
 I altered the way it looks for the post, but in actuality, it's going to print out like this:



with four cards to a page.

 The set contains six different types of pie: pumpkin, apple. peach, cherry, blueberry, and chocolate. Six pictures show the pie itself, then another six show what is 'inside' the pie - cherries for the cherry pie, pumpkin for the pumpkin pie, chocolate for the chocolate pie, etc.

I also made labels for these, for any readers who want to label them independently, or for you to read to your child and let them match the word with the correct pie.

These would be great for any Fall/Thanksgiving/Food theme for young children, or for a 'What Goes Together' pre-reading activity. Maybe it's my love of all things Thanksgiving that prompted these, but for whatever reason, they were one of my favorite and simplest printables to make. Here's what they will look like after printing and laminating (I always suggest laminating if you want to re-use them, and I am a little addicted to the feel and shine of laminated materials hahaha!)

Some *original flavors* like:

Pumpkin


Peach


Apple and Cherry


Then a couple slightly different, but super yummy! Blueberry and Chocolate :)


I made the name labels for them using uppercase letters, which doesn't follow the Montessori general rule of lowercase, but I intended for them to be used by someone already reading in  my house, and any children that can read are also very able to recognize the uppercase letters, even in different fonts. However, you could make your own labels with plain white paper/cardstock and write the names in lowercase, or print your own to match.


I hope someone can use this and get some enjoyment and new vocabulary opportunities out of it, like we are :) 

For this free printable, check HERE or go to the Free Printables page (link above in post) and find it under Tot/Preschool Printables/Thanksgiving.

In case I don't get back around here until after Thanksgiving, I hope you all have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving holiday and spend precious, fleeting moments with those you love!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Comments

  1. These are cute! Did you get some primary real life experience with the subject matter? :) happy thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, we will be next week :) You can guarantee that! hahaha :) Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think of this post! I do pray it has been a blessing, and would be honored to hear your ideas and suggestions!

Popular posts from this blog

To Succeed One Must Never Give Up

Reader's Review - Llama Llama, Red Pajama

Homeschool tidbits